Hiking and Waterfalls!

Our first stop was Arenal.  Keith and I have been here twice before and no matter how many times I see the volcano I am still just amazed at the sight of it!  Some people come here and never get to see the volcano....it is often clouded over.  When we pulled into the town of La Fortuna I felt so fortunate that the rain had stopped and we had a clear view of Volcan Arenal!  Even if my parents didn't get to see it the rest of the trip - which was a possibility - they'd get to see just how spectacular it was! 

We decided to stay at Arenal Observatory Lodge on this vacation.  This was a great choice for us.  We were in the midst of nature here!  There were spider monkeys in the trees and we had a perfect view of the volcano from our patio!

There are hiking trails and waterfalls on the property!  This was a perfect beginning for our trip!

On our first morning we decided to take the Morning Hike on the Arenal Observatory Lodge property.  It was a big group that was going, but our guide was good.  He pointed out several birds including toucans and hawks.  We saw monkeys too!  The walk even took us down to the Waterfall.

Alex and Keith had a great time climbing on the rocks and cooling off.

We also discovered how beautiful the Eucalyptus tree is!  So colorful!

It was a great first hike for everyone!

Comments

  1. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. hiking trails near me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

San Pedro, hustle and bustle!

You'd better Belize it!

A Beautiful Morning