Our last day on the Breakaway!

Our cruise was winding down.  Here we are, our last day on board. I got up early and went out to my usual spot on deck. Grabbed a "to go" breakfast from the Uptown Cafe and went back to my chair to eat it. Some sort of egg breakfast sandwich I think. And I read. I met a lovely group of people who were sitting next to me and we spent a good deal of time talking about their time on the ship and what they had done and got to know one another. 

My goal for the day was to do the ropes course and I really wanted to do that big slide that has the drop! When the kids showed up, Megan and I went off to do the slide, and wouldn't you know it was closed! I knew I should have done it earlier in the week! I'm not sure why it was closed - it didn't seem windy or anything. So, I never got to do it. Bummer!

But I was determined to do the ropes course! And we know, I'm not the picture of fitness! So my kids thought there was NO way in the world their mother could do it! I was going to prove them wrong. How hard could it be after all - adults of all ages and shapes were up there! I generally don't have a fear of heights for the most part, so off we went!

I'll admit, once up there and getting ready to step out onto that tiny little bit of metal, I felt like changing my mind. But once I started walking around, I got my footing and it was a lot of fun! I didn't do the more challenging parts and stuck mainly to the stable metal parts, but I was proud to say I did it! And I did go out on the plank! Freaked me out a bit - I did look down...and sure you're harnessed in, but you know - no one is really watching up there and something can always go wrong! That's the mom in me I guess!

I think the picture you take on the plank, by pulling the rope is sort of lame because the perspective doesn't really show "you" over the water....and it's a horrible picture - but it's my proof that I was there!  You see how my foot is on that white square, well see in the picture of the "standard" person on the picture how far out over the water I really was!  Freaky!


And here are the kids on the zip line 






Oh my gosh...I almost totally forgot! Megan and I got a mother - daughter massage! The Breakaway is one of the only places I've ever seen a massage offered for someone as young as 12 years old. They have a "teen" menu of spa services and some are available for pre-teens, and the mother/daughter massage was one of the items available. She was SO excited for her first massage! It was a really nice end to a fantastic week!

I'll say, true to form as on my past NCL sailing, they are a bit over the top with the sales bit with the spa services. That just bugs me to no end. When I get a massage especially, I really don't need to end the relaxation trying to justify why I really don't need to purchase an endless supply of oils, lotions, potions and whatever not at over inflated costs. Not to mention being told that my skin, my muscles etc are in such bad shape that without their products, I could have serious problems. But we got out without buying anything...the massage was really pretty good and Megan loved the experience!

We decided to go to Moderno for dinner again. Since we had the Ultimate Dining Plan, we definitely didn't want to go to one of the Main Dining Room's and there was very limited availability anywhere. We began looking for where we'd eat starting Wednesday night and Moderno and Teppanyaki were the only restaurants with openings for Saturday night. I can't say how glad I was that we made our reservations for the other nights before we boarded! 



Gotta always love Spongebob!



Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our meal....we had an amazing cruise - we loved Bermuda and were definitely not quite ready to go home!



It was a relaxing day, and I'm sure somewhere along the line I went back to the cabin and did the dreaded packing! We were doing self walk off the next morning, so I didn't feel rushed to get the luggage out in the hall. 

I have a few things left to post on our overall trip, as well as our day in NYC before going home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Pedro, hustle and bustle!

You'd better Belize it!

A Beautiful Morning