Our first day on board! It's a Sea Day! July 21, 2019

As all good first vacation days should be, this day is really just a blur to me. I know it was a Sea Day.  And I know I didn't take many pictures because I spent most of the day relaxing at the pool, which apparently I didn't take a picture of?  Not like me at all. But here's how I remember the day....

Keith and I got up and went to breakfast at the Solarium Bistro. See, now it's only our first full day and you can already see we have a trend here! After breakfast we went out to the pool deck, which I know can be crowded, but I love the way the Oasis class ships have their pool deck set up. Compared so some of the other cruise lines I've been on, I feel that they just do it well. There are three good size pools. When I say good size, of course I mean for a cruise ship, but there are chairs around the pools and the pools are spread out and the deck is wide.  Then there is the kiddie splash/play area.  There are a few hot tubs thrown in and the slides empty out onto this deck as well. We found 4 chairs near the Beach Pool because we knew the kids would be there once they got up, and we settled in for the day. This isn't where we were sitting, but these are the only pictures I have of the pool deck area. This is the kids splash area.










One of the perks of staying in the Central Park Balcony cabin is that you get lunch at Jamie's Italian Restaurant. So at noon, the four of us had a reservation for lunch and off we went! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here!












These were just our appetizers and desserts!  All we were thinking the whole time was, "how in the world were we going to eat dinner" and.... "it's only DAY 1, too much food!"  But we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, and we were looking forward to coming back for dinner with my parents later in the week!

After lunch we went back to the pool, all except Megan. She was the smart one, she went to the gym.  Had to work off that meal!

After a bit, Alex decided to head to the Rock Wall.


After the rock wall, which is really quite high, especially for being on a ship, he went over to the Abyss! 






The Abyss is a 10 story slide that twists and turns. Alex got in line, and I went down to the Boardwalk to wait for him to come out. 


Some pictures from the Sports Deck on my walk down to the Boardwalk




Of course, being that I had spent most of the day relaxing, I totally missed taking his picture coming out. He liked it though!


On the way back to the pool two fun things happened, first we were lucky enough to get into the elevator with the roving piano man!  He just pushes this piano around the ship singing along the way. On our elevator ride he sang "What a Wonderful World". What a fun job he has!  And then I happened to bump into a man booking spots for the Sushi Making Class!  The time he had listed wasn't on the app or online, and everything I had found so far was already full. So good luck for us, we were able to book four spots for Thursday, our only other sea day! 

Back to the pool to read and relax the rest of the day. 


Tonight was the first Formal Night, and we have not one picture of us all dressed up! We went to the Main Dining Room and it was just fine. Nothing special, nowhere near as good as our dinner last night at Chops, but our wait staff was really good! 

After dinner we all went to see HiRO.  This is the main show in the Aquatheater. 
















It was full of diving and aqua acrobatics and it was really good! We all enjoyed it! 


We had a great first day on board!  We were all really looking forward to being in Roatan tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Pedro, hustle and bustle!

You'd better Belize it!

A Beautiful Morning