Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Next stop...the beach in St. Martin!

Our tour of St. Martin continues!!! This really was a great day...we did a lot! So, we left Maho beach after seeing the planes and our last stop was our beach stop. Our original tour was supposed to include a 2 hour stop at Orient Beach. However our guide told us that after the recent hurricane, they preferred to take us to a different beach because Orient just wasn't up to their standards. 

So, we went to Divi Little Bay Beach Resort. This was just fine by us! This is where the tour divided for those who went on option 1 vs option 2! Those who didn't want the beach went back to the ship, and those who did, well, we went to the beach!

It was gorgeous! I believe you could rent a chair for about $10 or $15 and there were jet skis you could rent as well. There was an outdoor restaurant too. 

Alex and I just put our towels down and went in the water - it was perfect!

You can see the beach wasn't crowded at all, which was nice

After about an hour and a half in the water, we needed to dry off before we left to go back to the ship. We took a walk up to see the pool area of this hotel too - the sign said for hotel guests, and we didn't go in the water, but did take some pictures!

This was really the perfect end to our day. We had close to two hours here, and our guide was right on time ready to take us back to the ship. We got back to the port with plenty of time and picked up a few more souvenirs before heading back to the ship. 

When we got back to the ship, Megan was feeling better. She did spend the entire day in our cabin...and took advantage of room service for lunch! Keith enjoyed the relatively empty ship and relaxed by the pool, coming back to check on Megan off and on during the day.

But you can see here, that Megan recovered and was ready to head out to see what the evening would bring!

Some pictures of the ships in port as we got ready to leave St. Martin

And once again, the Oasis was there....and the kids, while of course enjoying this trip, couldn't help wonder just how many more kids were on that ship, and how many more kid friendly activities there were on board! Little did they know that for Christmas, they would find out that we'd be sailing on the Allure in February!  It was all I could do to not burst every time I saw that ship following us!!!

I believe we had dinner in the Tuscan Grille tonight. Dinner was good, but not great. There was nothing wrong with the meal, but it just wasn't anything special, for a specialty restaurant that is. 

And then as usual, after dinner the kids went to the teen club and Keith and I probably just walked around and maybe got a drink or two....

Sometime close to midnight, I was in the cabin watching the loop of Top Chef again, and the kids came back. It seemed that the ship had stopped moving. We looked outside and yup, dead in the water! Odd right? So, Alex went on deck, up to the pool deck to find out what was going on. He came back to tell us that there was a medical emergency and going to be an evacuation. We thought maybe a helicopter - we were up front by the helipad, but nothing was happening. He said, no it was life boat and we were already almost back to St. Thomas - they changed our course.

So, Megan, Alex and I went up to see what was going on.

St. Thomas at night....

No comments:

Post a Comment