Thursday, August 8, 2013

Venice at Night!

After our day of touring, we were all pretty wiped out and hot and sweaty. We went back to the hotel to rest up a bit before dinner. Keith, me, mimi and grandpop took our last bottle of wine we had from Rome (yes, we still had one left!) and went out to the courtyard of our hotel and had a little happy hour! It was a great way to relax and enjoy the calmness!




The courtyard here at the Al Ponte Mocenigo was so quiet and charming!  It was a lovely way to spend some time!  The kids were up in the room - free Wifi called to them!

We then walked to another recommended restaurant from our hotel. It was just a short walk and again – you guessed it, pizza and pasta! It was very good. 



One of the things that we loved the most was that pretty much everywhere we went, we got to eat outside.  It seemed everywhere in Europe, there was outdoor dining.  

After dinner, I really wanted to go to Piazza San Marco at night to get some pictures and Alex wanted some souvenirs, so the two of us made the trek again, while everyone else went back to the hotel. We had a nice walk, although with him, it’s never what I’d call a stroll! It was a fast pace! When it’s just the two of us, he sure does talk! I always enjoy that time together!

He got his souvenirs and I got my pictures. The Piazza was very pretty at night. Very festive with the musicians playing. We were both glad to have made the walk.











By the time we got back to the hotel, my fit bit logged close to 9 miles for the day! Hopefully that will counteract some of the gelatos I’ve been eating!

It was time to pack up, our short visit to Venice had come to an end! We knew we’d only have a day and a half here. Was it enough?

I think it was. Of course we could spend more time here! I would love to go back, if for no other reason than to take more pictures! But the time we did have here definitely gave us the introduction we needed to really get a feel for Venice. We all truly enjoyed being here. It was a very special place that I honestly don’t think can be explained with words! It had a magical feel for me. It was so worth the whirlwind between cruises to get to Venice for this short time!   

But tomorrow we’d be taking the train early for a day in Florence…again – just a day! It’s all part of the plan…

No comments:

Post a Comment